Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WE BITE =D

So my dream did come true =D . Since i started going out with musicians, and dating one, i started feeling like playing once again. First i thought of learning one or two songs and play them with my friends, but then the idea of making my own band came.

So I told my Lion King and he helped me find musicians for my project, a Misfits tribute band. That's how we find Kobu and Josué, and along with my Lion King we formed We Bite.

At first it was too slow, we were waiting for a place to rehearse, but we waited way too long, till Kobu found a gig for us on March 31st. So we started learning songs, rehearsing every weekend for hours and hours outdoors and we were able to play 15 songs fairly well. It was kinda difficult cause i started learning one song just to forget another one, i was feeling very nervous and under a lot of pressure, but in the end it was totally worth it.

So the big day finally arrived, we had plenty of things to do that day, like getting the make up, finishing the spikes for the bass drum, etc. and i was too nervous, but when we were ready, looking like the misfits and we stood on the stage everything felt just perfect. I knew i was just in the right place, doing the right thing, with the right people. Then i heard the drums play Monster Mash intro and then we all started playing, it was like being in heaven.

Even though we were playing for over 50 unknown people, everything went perfect, they were there with us, singing along, taking pictures, supporting the band at every moment.

When the gig was over I knew that was the most perfect way to celebrate my 34th birthday ever, i also knew we do have a good band and that if we keep working hard we will get to be, not only a misfits tribute band, but the misfits tribute band, besides, we already have The Misfits' blessing, what else could we ask for???


=D


No comments:

Post a Comment